Saturday, December 09, 2006

Meet Nihal Kececi

ART EXHIBIT
Nihal Kececi presents her paintings and fine art prints in an exhibit titled “sensation." Space 7:10 at Kefa Café, Saturday, Dec. 11 —Sat Jan. 13.

RECEPTION
Friday, December 15, 2006, 4:00pm to 5:45pm

Bio
Nihal Kececi has spent a life time bridging the worlds of science, engineering and arts. She has worked as a design engineer, research scientist, and lately a software system analyst. She holds a B.S. in Physics, and a M.S. in Nuclear Engineering and author of many technical articles. She worked as a system design engineer and at the same time participated in many art exhibitions in Turkey, Canada, Germany and USA.

Artist Statement
I am adept at mixing left-and right-brain pursuits, splitting my time between computer screen and canvas. Experimenting with conscious and unconscious painting process raised questions in my mind about the self-reflective nature of reality.

As an engineer, I try to find a model for any complex system for controlling system variables in a logical way. During the intuitive painting process, I learned that modeling and controlling have not been successful for my style of painting, as my best paintings are created when I allowed my hands and my mind to flow freely. I have been wondering if programmed thinking and focus on control prevents one from reaching their soul.


Space 7:10 at Kefa Café
963 Bonifant St.
Silver Spring, MD
301.589.9337