Friday, January 01, 2010

Self-Taught Painter Marshetta Davis

January 6 through January 30, 2010
Reception: Friday, January 8, 6:30 to 8:30pm
Marshetta Davis

Artist Statement
Painting is my joy as well as my release of emotion within me. I started at the age of nine years old doing water colors after receiving a water color set from "Santa". But I later discovered that watercolor was just a door for me to eventually open to the world of acrylic. As I continue my love affair with acrylic I find that painting has allowed me to experiment with texture and bold color that bursts out from my soul. My art is bold, beautiful and free. My art represents love, life and me.

Artist Bio
Marshetta Davis is an abstract artist who focuses on human figures and complex color assortment. Davis is an self taught visual artist who primarily works with acrylic and water color. The artwork of Marshetta Davis was born from feelings of depression. She began to see the beauty of the world around her. Her artwork is focused on the simple motions of humans and the color that blankets our earth.